This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1443 / 51°8'39"N
Longitude: 0.3013 / 0°18'4"E
OS Eastings: 561069
OS Northings: 140857
OS Grid: TQ610408
Mapcode National: GBR MPT.4ZP
Mapcode Global: VHHQF.5HMM
Entry Name: Pembury Grange
Listing Date: 25 May 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1126529
English Heritage Legacy ID: 168172
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
District: Tunbridge Wells
Town: Tunbridge Wells
Electoral Ward/Division: Sherwood
Built-Up Area: Royal Tunbridge Wells
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Tunbridge WellsSt Philip
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
TQ 64 SW 13/7
Built in 1869. Architect George Devey for Neville Ward - whose father laid out the
Calverley Park estate. A large asymmetrical house in Tudor style of 2 storeys and
attics. Front elevation has a ground floor of red brick with black diaper brick pattern.
4 gables with decorative bargeboards. Upper floors are tile hung on half timbered
roughcast on brick with diaper pattern. 5 altered windows. Terracotta date plaque.
Wooden porch with coved cornice supported on 6 piers. 1 storey red brick diaper
patterned kitchen wing to left with protruding half-conical bread oven. Tiled roof
with clustered chimney stacks. Rear elevation includes a one storey service wing
masked by a red brick wall on the garden side incorporating a recessed garden seat.
The interior has fittings of the period, a wooden staircase with turned balusters
later C19 wooden fire places with half columns and tiled surrounds some dado panelling
and 8 panelled doors.
Listing NGR: TQ5910539794
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings