This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0725 / 51°4'21"N
Longitude: -2.1781 / 2°10'41"W
OS Eastings: 387615
OS Northings: 130372
OS Grid: ST876303
Mapcode National: GBR 1WR.N4Z
Mapcode Global: FRA 66B9.17S
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 9 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1131175
English Heritage Legacy ID: 321129
Location: East Knoyle, Wiltshire, SP3
Civil Parish: East Knoyle
Built-Up Area: East Knoyle
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: East Knoyle St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
EAST KNOYLE HOLLOWAY
ST 83 SE
8/23 The Old Rectory
Rectory, now detached house. Late C17, additions 1930s. Dressed
limestone, tiled roof with bands of beaver-tail, gable end stone
stacks. L-plan. Two-storey, 4-window front. Blocked doorway with
inserted 2-light mullioned casement to left of centre, 3-light
recessed chamfered mullioned casement with hoodmould to left, 2-
light and 3-light mullioned casements with hoodmoulds to right.
First floor has two 2-light mullioned casements to centre with 3-
light mullioned casements to sides. Rear has C20 mullioned
casements to left of 1930s wing. Wing with present entrance on
north side; Tudor-arched doorway with transom light, mullioned and
transomed stair window to left in projecting stair turret, outshut
to left with mullioned casement for kitchen.
Interior remodelled during C20 but retains chamfered beams, two
open fireplaces with chamfered lintels on stone jambs. Used as the
rectory after 1930s and until 1976.
Listing NGR: ST8761530372
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings