History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Low Whashton Springs Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Whashton, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.4399 / 54°26'23"N

Longitude: -1.7741 / 1°46'26"W

OS Eastings: 414747

OS Northings: 504964

OS Grid: NZ147049

Mapcode National: GBR JK13.P6

Mapcode Global: WHC65.QNCP

Entry Name: Low Whashton Springs Farmhouse

Listing Date: 4 December 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1131273

English Heritage Legacy ID: 322842

Location: Whashton, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL11

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

Civil Parish: Whashton

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Kirkby Ravensworth

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Kirby Hill

Listing Text

NZ 10 SW WHASHTON WHASHTON SPRINGS

9/141 Low Whashton Springs
Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse. Dated 1797. Rubble and ashlar sandstone, concrete interlocking
tile roofs. 2 storeys, 2:2:2 bays. Central range, projecting slightly:
ashlar plinth, sill and lintel bands, cavetto cornice, parapet and coping;
central part-glazed door in ashlar surround with inscription "JH 1797" on
lintel; flanking semicircular 2-storey bays have tripartite sash windows
with glazing bars in ashlar surrounds; brick end stacks. Range to left:
quoins to left; C20 round-arched window to left; 1 bay of blind windows,
with small ground-floor window to right. Range to right: quoins to right;
to left ground-floor French window with sash window with glazing bars above;
1 bay of blind windows to right; ashlar coping to right; central brick
stack. Rear: added range behind central and right-hand (eastern) ranges,
formerly containing dairies and other offices, now incorporated into house.
Right return, front range: dressed stone surround to wide opening, with
blocked round-arched window above. Interior: rear passage runs along the
full length of the front range, and has arched openings in cross walls, one
with Gothick tracery for a fanlight; doors of 6 fielded panels.


Listing NGR: NZ1474704964

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.