History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manfield Grange

A Grade II Listed Building in Manfield, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.5162 / 54°30'58"N

Longitude: -1.659 / 1°39'32"W

OS Eastings: 422174

OS Northings: 513482

OS Grid: NZ221134

Mapcode National: GBR JJV6.MV

Mapcode Global: WHC5V.HR76

Entry Name: Manfield Grange

Listing Date: 18 March 1968

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1131338

English Heritage Legacy ID: 322693

Location: Manfield, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL2

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

Civil Parish: Manfield

Built-Up Area: Manfield

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Manfield All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Lucy Cross

Listing Text

MANFIELD VILLAGE STREET
NZ 21 SW
(north side)
4/54 Manfield Grange
18.3.68

GV II

House. c1805, with remnants of early-mid C18 house to left. Roughcast,
Welsh slate roof. Double-depth plan. 2 storeys, 4 bays. Ashlar plinth.
Sash windows with glazing bars and timber architraves. Hipped roof, U plan,
with chimney stacks on the returns. To left: older range, now single-
storey, with sash window with glazing bars and part-glazed door, ashlar
coping to parapet and pineapple finial at left end. Rear: tripartite sash
window to staircase. Right return: 3 bays; central leaved part-glazed doors
in timber architrave and with wrought-iron trellis porch in chinoiserie
style with bow-shaped lead roof; windows as front, except for blind ground-
floor left opening; stack between first and second bays. Interior: ground-
floor rooms to south have doors of 6 reeded panels in fluted doorcases with
corner rosettes, matching door linings and window shutters, and slightly
decorated ceiling cornices, the contemporary fireplaces are insertions;
open-well staircase with stick balusters; room at west end has doors and
shutters of 6 field panels. The main house was added on to an existing
house when it became the Parsonage in 1805, a use which continued to 1905
when the new Vicarage was built on Bowling Green Lane, it too now being a
private house.


Listing NGR: NZ2217413482

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.