History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Hall Stables

A Grade II Listed Building in Burton-cum-Walden, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.2743 / 54°16'27"N

Longitude: -1.9761 / 1°58'33"W

OS Eastings: 401656

OS Northings: 486517

OS Grid: SE016865

Mapcode National: GBR GMM0.ZJ

Mapcode Global: WHB5Q.MT7M

Entry Name: Old Hall Stables

Listing Date: 6 April 1988

Last Amended: 9 December 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1131428

English Heritage Legacy ID: 322501

Location: Burton-cum-Walden, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL8

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

Civil Parish: Burton-cum-Walden

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Find accommodation in
Aysgarth

Listing Text

In the entry for
BURTON-CUM-WALDEN THE GREEN
SE 0086-0186
(South-east-side)
West Burton
13/20 The Barn

The address shall be amended to read

SE 0086-0186 BURTON-CUM-WALDEN THE GREEN
(South-east-side)
West Burton
13/20 Old Hall Stables

------------------------------------

BURTON-CUM-WALDEN THE GREEN
SE 0086-0186
(south-east side)
West Burton
13/20 The Barn
GV II

Coach-house, now house. Mid C18, but possibly incorporating a building of
1707. Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings, stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 6
bays. Quoins. On ground floor, in third and fourth bays, ashlar surround
to segmental-arched carriage opening, now forming recessed porch; between
first and second, fifth and sixth bays, round-arched doorcases, now windows,
with keyed ashlar surrounds with impost blocks; sash windows with glazing
bars in ashlar surrounds. First floor: ashlar surrounds to smaller casement
windows. Shaped kneelers, ashlar coping. Weather-vane on finial at left
gable end; stack at right end. Rear: on first-floor at extreme right,
chamfered quoined surround to doorway, now glazed, has recessed panel with
raised characters "FEB 1707". Left return: triangular pigeoncote in gable;
above, on base of weather-vane finial, inscription "THIS WEATHERVANE FORMED
PART OF THE MARKET CROSS FROM 1820 TO 1889".


Listing NGR: SE0165686517

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.