This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1109 / 54°6'39"N
Longitude: -2.3577 / 2°21'27"W
OS Eastings: 376709
OS Northings: 468399
OS Grid: SD767683
Mapcode National: GBR CNZX.C3
Mapcode Global: WH955.RXGV
Entry Name: Church of the Epiphany
Listing Date: 24 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1131643
English Heritage Legacy ID: 324023
Location: Austwick, Craven, North Yorkshire, LA2
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Austwick
Built-Up Area: Austwick
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Austwick The Epiphany
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
AUSTWICK THE GREEN
SD 76 NE
Church of the Epiphany
Former lecture hall, now parish church. 1839 for Charles Ingleby, apsidal chancel
added 1883. Slobbered rubble, stone dressings, slate roof. North porch. Nave,
west baptistry and beir house, chancel and south vestry. Lancet style. Gabled
north entrance porch, ashlar; pointed arch and hoodmould, diagonal buttresses;
shaped kneelers, coping and cruciform finial. Tudor arched entrance, plank doors
with strap hinges. 4 bay nave, lancet windows; hoodmoulds. Corbel table of
4 different corbels. Shaped kneelers, gable end copings; cruciform finial at
east end, bellcote at west end with ball finial. Sexfoil window in west gable.
West end of baptistry has 3-light window with trefoils in spandrels. Pentagonal
chancel has 2-light lancet window with trefoil to each face; hipped roof.
Interior: exposed king post roof. Consecrated 1841.
Listing NGR: SD7670968399
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings