This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.961 / 53°57'39"N
Longitude: -2.0103 / 2°0'37"W
OS Eastings: 399420
OS Northings: 451662
OS Grid: SD994516
Mapcode National: GBR GQDM.KT
Mapcode Global: WHB78.2PZR
Entry Name: Electricity Sub-Station
Listing Date: 28 April 1952
Last Amended: 2 March 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1131853
English Heritage Legacy ID: 323495
Location: Skipton, Craven, North Yorkshire, BD23
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Skipton
Built-Up Area: Skipton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
5336 NEWMARKET STREET
(Formerly listed as the
Old Grammar School)
SD 9951 1/144 28.4.52.
Was originally a chapel of the Knights Hospitallers, became the grammar school
in 1548. Stone rubble rectangular building. Gabled front is bordered by a projecting
strip which gives it a panelled appearance. A small triangular-headed window
in the gable peak, and a centre stepped 3-light window with moulded dripstone,
splayed reveals and mullions and transoms. Entrance on left with new lintel and
old Jambs. Steeply pitched roof of graded stone flags, moulded coping with springers,
finials, octagonal stone chimneys. On return sides are 4 "cross" windows with
stone mullions and transoms.
Listing NGR: SD9942051662
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings