History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Kennels

A Grade II Listed Building in Forcett and Carkin, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.504 / 54°30'14"N

Longitude: -1.7262 / 1°43'34"W

OS Eastings: 417830

OS Northings: 512108

OS Grid: NZ178121

Mapcode National: GBR JJDC.26

Mapcode Global: WHC60.G270

Entry Name: The Kennels

Listing Date: 21 May 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1131965

English Heritage Legacy ID: 323264

Location: Forcett and Carkin, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL11

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

Civil Parish: Forcett

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Forcett with Aldborough and Melsonby

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Caldwell

Listing Text

FORCETT AND CARKIN STANWICK LANE
NZ 1612-1712 (south side, off)

10/52 The Kennels

- II

Kennels, now house. Mid C19. Sandstone rubble with ashlar dressings, Welsh
slate roofs. Single storey, U-shaped plan. West elevation: 3:3:3 bays.
Central range: chamfered rusticated quoins. Central blocked round-arched
doorway with raised ashlar surround, flanked by sash windows with raised
ashlar surrounds. Above, blind oculi with ashlar surrounds, the central one
larger. Shaped kneelers, ashlar coping. Ashlar octagonal end stacks. Side
ranges lower, with chamfered rusticated quoins at outer corners. Central
Diocletian windows with raised ashlar surrounds, flanked by sash windows
with ashlar lintels. Hipped roofs to outer ends. Rear, central range:
matching elevation but with C20 six-panel door in doorway. The central
range formed accommodation for the groom, the outer wings housed the dogs,
and have been altered and extended. The kennels belonged to Stanwick Park,
and are among the interesting surviving buildings belonging to that estate,
the main house of which has been demolished.


Listing NGR: NZ1783012108

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.