History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Bruntscar Hall Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Ingleton, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.2057 / 54°12'20"N

Longitude: -2.4028 / 2°24'10"W

OS Eastings: 373824

OS Northings: 478957

OS Grid: SD738789

Mapcode National: GBR CMNT.L4

Mapcode Global: WH94S.2K26

Entry Name: Bruntscar Hall Farmhouse

Listing Date: 20 February 1958

Last Amended: 23 November 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1132235

English Heritage Legacy ID: 324584

Location: Ingleton, Craven, North Yorkshire, LA6

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven

Civil Parish: Ingleton

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Chapel-le-Dale St Leonard

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Ribblehead Station

Listing Text

INGLETON BRUNT SCAR
SD 77 NW
6/4 Bruntscar Hall Farmhouse
(formerly listed as
20.2.58 Bruntscar Old Hall)
- II
Farmhouse. 2 builds: mid C17, now derelict, and right-hand extension dated
1689, C18 and C20 alterations. Slobbered limestone rubble, stone dressings,
stone slate roof. Left-hand mid-Cl7 house 2 storeys, 4 bays. Centre entrance
has plain C18 surround, left-hand ground floor 4-light chamfered mullioned
window with king mullion. To right of entrance is former entrance blocked
in C18 to form a window, and right-hand former 2-light chamfered mullioned
window, mullion now missing. Upper floor four 2-light chamfered mullioned
windows, some with mullions now missing; no glazing. Left of centre ridge
and former right-hand gable end ridge stack, now at junction with late-Cl7
house to right (qv). Interior contains basket arched fireplace with chamfered
surround. Late C17 house: 2 storey, 4 bays. Projecting 2-storey gabled bay
to right of centre. Entrance in right-hand return has reset decorated lintel
with a badly weathered inscription which reputedly reads 1689 PP MP; c1980
plank door. 2 narrow chamfered staircase windows. Gable contains 2 C20 single
light windows on ground floor and former 3-light chamfered mullioned window
on upper floor, mullions now missing. To left are 2 C20 ground floor windows
2 upper floor windows: C20 on right and former 2-light chamfered mullion window
on right, window heightened and mullion now missing. To right are 2 C20 ground
floor windows and upper floor former 2-light chamfered mullioned windows,
heightened and mullion now missing. C20 casements and sashes. Right of centre
and corbelled right-hand gable end ridge stack. Interior not available for
inspection.


Listing NGR: SD7382478957

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.