This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0875 / 54°5'14"N
Longitude: -2.346 / 2°20'45"W
OS Eastings: 377465
OS Northings: 465786
OS Grid: SD774657
Mapcode National: GBR DP15.WH
Mapcode Global: WH95C.YJ19
Entry Name: Barn Circa 250 Metres South-West of Lawkland Hall
Listing Date: 20 February 1958
Last Amended: 24 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1132377
English Heritage Legacy ID: 324206
Location: Lawkland, Craven, North Yorkshire, LA2
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Lawkland
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Austwick The Epiphany
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SD 76 NE
8/55 Barn c250 metres
Barn. Late C17 with mid-C18 and C19 alterations. Slobbered rubble brought to
course, stone dressings, stone slate roof. 6 bays. Waggon entrance in third
bay has chamfered surround and basket-arched head; plank doors. 2-light chamfered
mullioned window in second bay. 2 C19 buttresses to right of entrance. Entrance
in fifth bay. Breathers at ground floor. Sixth bay is an addition of 1761 with
2 entrances, and dated panel above lintel inscribed
IS (John Ingleby)
Left-hand return. 3 entrances with chamfered surrounds. 3-light double chamfered
mullioned window and similar window in gable with similar but 2-light window
in apex; 3 slate dripmoulds.
Interior: trusses have King-post on collar; chamfered principals and carpenters
marks. This barn is similar to Bank Barn (qv), both of which are part of the
Lawkland Hall estate.
Listing NGR: SD7746565786
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings