This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7835 / 53°47'0"N
Longitude: -1.0626 / 1°3'45"W
OS Eastings: 461863
OS Northings: 432315
OS Grid: SE618323
Mapcode National: GBR PS0P.RG
Mapcode Global: WHFD2.N56B
Entry Name: Station Houses
Listing Date: 14 November 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1132524
English Heritage Legacy ID: 325826
Location: Selby, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Selby
Built-Up Area: Selby
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Selby St Mary and St Germain
Church of England Diocese: York
5342 Nos 1A, 1B, 2 and 3
SE 6132 SE 5/133
C18. Brown brick. Pitched slate roof. Coped gables. Two storeys. Four bays:
flush-framed sashes with glazing bars. One flush-framed sash with glazing
bars in east elevation. West elevation has two-storey canted bay: sashes
with glazing bars. Rear wing has three flush-framed sashes on first floor,
and one bipartite flush-framed sash on ground floor. South elevation has an arcade of three blind arches on ground floor.
History: In the early C19 this house belonged to the Lords Petre, Lords of
the Manor of Selby, and was occupied by Christopher Paver, their steward.
Both he and the Petres were Catholics and the house was used as Selby's
first Catholic Chapel until Hon ER Petre built a chapel in Gowthorpe in
1837. Paver was a shareholder in the Leeds and Selby Railway and, from 1837
to 1840, this house was used as a booking office. When the present station
was built it became the offices of the railway company and subsequently the
house of the agent of the York and North Midland Railway.
Listing NGR: SE6186332315
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings