This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7969 / 53°47'48"N
Longitude: -1.756 / 1°45'21"W
OS Eastings: 416172
OS Northings: 433431
OS Grid: SE161334
Mapcode National: GBR JJJ.HG
Mapcode Global: WHC99.0T3K
Entry Name: Church House
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1132940
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336939
Location: Bradford, BD1
Electoral Ward/Division: City
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Peter Bradford
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 NORTH PARADE BD1
SE 1633 SW 36/899
Built as the Church Institute 1871-73, architects Andrews and Pepper. A large and
very boldly detailed facade in a free interpretation of French Gothic. Ashlar
sandstone 5 bay front to hall on 3 storeys with emphasis on large second floor
pointed arcade of 2 light shafted plate traceried windows. Projecting heads in
roundels to outer spandrels, corbelled shafts supporting heavy carved corbel-bases
intended for statues, large pinnacled canopies above, Moulded bracketed cornice and
pierced parapet. Central tall gabled dormer with flanking and crowning pinnacles.
Mullioned windows to mezzanine first floor, gargoyles to end bays, Flanking shafted
portals on ground floor, modern shop front inserted between.
Listing NGR: SE1617233431
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings