History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

6 and 8, Melbourne Place Bd5

A Grade II Listed Building in Bradford, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.7886 / 53°47'18"N

Longitude: -1.7604 / 1°45'37"W

OS Eastings: 415882

OS Northings: 432499

OS Grid: SE158324

Mapcode National: GBR JHM.JG

Mapcode Global: WHC9G.X1WF

Entry Name: 6 and 8, Melbourne Place Bd5

Listing Date: 9 August 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1132955

English Heritage Legacy ID: 336886

Location: Trident, Bradford, BD5

County: Bradford

Civil Parish: Trident

Built-Up Area: Bradford

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Horton All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Bradford

Listing Text

1.
5111 MELBOURNE PLACE BD5
(north side)

Nos 6 and 8
SE 1532 45/852

II GV


2.
Circa 1840, would appear to have been built as a large villa and later subdivided.
Two storeys, sandstone ashlar. Long 5 bay front with very shallow centre break of
3 windows. Hipped slate roof with corniced chimneys. Quoin pilasters, frieze,
moulded cornice and blocking course broken forward over the pilasters and over the
centre break, the blocking course being slightly heightened in each case. First
floor sill band dies into quoin pilasters. Revealed sashes, with quoins down to sill
band on first floor. The central first floor window blind with eared architrave
surround. On the ground floor the outer windows are tripartite with flanking
Tuscan pilasters and shallow leaf moulded consoles capping the dividers, deep
entablatures with projecting cornices. Central entrance with 4 panel door and
rectangular marginal glazed fanlight, flanked by Tuscan pilasters, entablature with
projecting cornice and blocking course. Later side entrances. Nos 6 and 8 probably
date from the late 1830s as one house.


Listing NGR: SE1588232499

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.