History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

County Court

A Grade II Listed Building in City, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.797 / 53°47'49"N

Longitude: -1.7554 / 1°45'19"W

OS Eastings: 416206

OS Northings: 433436

OS Grid: SE162334

Mapcode National: GBR JJJ.LG

Mapcode Global: WHC99.0TCJ

Entry Name: County Court

Listing Date: 9 August 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1132976

English Heritage Legacy ID: 336842

Location: Bradford, BD1

County: Bradford

Electoral Ward/Division: City

Built-Up Area: Bradford

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Peter Bradford

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Bradford

Listing Text

1.
5111 MANOR ROW BD1
(west side)

No 27
SE 1633 SW 36/139 (County Court)

II


2.
1859 designed by Mr R C Reeves, the County Court Surveyor. A small but richly
detailed and carefully proportioned Italianate design. High quality masonry, the
6 bay front is set back with carriage sweep. Two storeys and attic. Dressed
sandstone "brick". Ashlar plinth to rusticated ground floor. The ground floor
windows and flanking doors are set in a shallow applied arcade with vermiculated
quoin surrounds and voussoirs; masque keystones. The doorways are approached by
flights of steps, the left hand bay, containing the main entrance, being slightly
wider and with very shallow projection. Double panelled doors with semi-circular
fanlight. Moulded sill course to first floor, the windows round headed with eared
architrave surrounds and keystones. Rising from the sill course, above the sill of
the window over the main entrance, are the Royal Arms. A moulded string course
runs beneath the frieze which contains the narrow rectangular attic lights set
between the fluted console brackets supporting the projecting eaves cornice. Moulded
cornice chimneys set above.


Listing NGR: SE1620633436

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.