This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7975 / 53°47'50"N
Longitude: -1.7552 / 1°45'18"W
OS Eastings: 416223
OS Northings: 433491
OS Grid: SE162334
Mapcode National: GBR JJJ.N8
Mapcode Global: WHC99.0TH4
Entry Name: 28a, Manor Row Bd1
Listing Date: 24 October 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1132982
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336852
Location: Bradford, BD1
Electoral Ward/Division: City
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Peter Bradford
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 MANOR ROW BD1
SE 1633 35/187 24.10.77
SE 1633 SN 36/187
Built in 1835 as the Salem Chapel, now used as a clinic. A boldly detailed Greek
Revival design in ashlar sandstone. Two storey, 5 bay front with slight batter to
quoin pilasters. Full width block modelled pediment and large plain acroteria.
The central 3 bays break forward slightly below pediment. Tripartite entrance
composition of side lights flanked by pilasters and engaged, partly fluted, Ionic
columns to architrave surround doorway; deep entablature with pediment over. The
flanking bays have windows in battered, eared, flat surrounds. Seven windows to
side elevations in similar surrounds. The east gable end is similarly pedimented
but with full height segmental bow for the apse of the front chapel.
Listing NGR: SE1622333491
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings