History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Eastbrook Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in City, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.7935 / 53°47'36"N

Longitude: -1.7464 / 1°44'46"W

OS Eastings: 416806

OS Northings: 433051

OS Grid: SE168330

Mapcode National: GBR JLK.JP

Mapcode Global: WHC99.4XN6

Entry Name: Eastbrook Hall

Listing Date: 9 June 1981

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1133041

English Heritage Legacy ID: 336714

Location: Bradford, BD1

County: Bradford

Electoral Ward/Division: City

Parish: Non Civil Parish

Built-Up Area: Bradford

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Peter Bradford

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Bradford

Listing Text

1.
5111 LEEDS ROAD BDl

Nos 57, 59, 59A and Eastbrook Hall
SE 1633 SE 37/709 9.6.81

II


2.
1903. W J Morley and Son, architects. A large sandstone ashlar 4 storey block built
for the Methodists. The elevations designed in a mixture of Jacobean and
Renaissance details popular in Bradford for public buildings at the turn of the
century. Panelled pilasters articulate the front on each floor between moulded
sill courses. Elaborate segmental and triangular pediments over centre lights of
tripartite dormers, baluster shafts dividing the lights. Tripartite mullioned
windows to main floors. Shop fronts on ground floor. The central entrance bay
has a large segmental portal (elaborate partly leaded glazing to upper part) rising
into first floor with oriel bay window above. Corbelled pinnacled buttresses flank
this upper level and rising above the parapet, decorated with urns, is a graceful
octagonal drum with archivolt lights and Ionic columns supporting a copper dome
with crowning lantern. The dome makes an important contribution to the skyline
of the Vicar Lane area. Long range extending back along Chapel Street with
mullioned windows and gables.


Listing NGR: SE1680633051

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.