History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

(Legrams House), with Adjoining Barn

A Grade II Listed Building in Great Horton, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.7888 / 53°47'19"N

Longitude: -1.7878 / 1°47'15"W

OS Eastings: 414080

OS Northings: 432515

OS Grid: SE140325

Mapcode National: GBR J9M.PD

Mapcode Global: WHC9G.H1X8

Entry Name: (Legrams House), with Adjoining Barn

Listing Date: 9 August 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1133046

English Heritage Legacy ID: 336723

Location: Bradford, BD7

County: Bradford

Electoral Ward/Division: Great Horton

Built-Up Area: Bradford

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Bradford St Wilfrid with St Columba

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Bradford

Listing Text

1.
5111 LEGRAMS LANE BD7

No 224
(Legrams House), with adjoining barn
SE 1432 44/721

II


2.
A farmhouse and barn in same range of 1779. This original part later adapted
circa 1860 as the service wing to a new main house. Recently further altered
for use as restaurant. The 1779 range is of 2 storeys thin sandstone "brick".
Stone slate roofs, saddlestone with kneelers to gable end of barn. Three bay
symmetrical front to house proper. Central plain Venetian window with small
vermiculated keystone. The outer windows, with squared surrounds, have had their
mullions cut and replaced by wood casements and bows on the ground floor. Paired
squared jamb doorways, one blocked. Barn has had restaurant windows inserted with
small panes. Above the original barn archway is a dovecote panel with central round
headed opening. Triangular dovecote panel to east gable end. The circa 1860 house
is of 2 taller storeys, sandstone "brick" with ashlar dressings. Chamfered quoins.
Deep modillion bracketed eaves cornice. Two bays with eared architrave windows and
segmental arched panels on first floor, pilastered canted bays on ground floor and
engaged column porch with entablature.


Listing NGR: SE1408032515

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.