History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Coach House and Stables of the Old Dolphin Public House (Premises Occupied by R J Patchett Limited)

A Grade II Listed Building in Queensbury, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.7709 / 53°46'15"N

Longitude: -1.8269 / 1°49'36"W

OS Eastings: 411508

OS Northings: 430515

OS Grid: SE115305

Mapcode National: GBR J1T.CT

Mapcode Global: WHC9F.XH71

Entry Name: Coach House and Stables of the Old Dolphin Public House (Premises Occupied by R J Patchett Limited)

Listing Date: 9 August 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1133103

English Heritage Legacy ID: 336584

Location: Bradford, BD13

County: Bradford

Electoral Ward/Division: Queensbury

Built-Up Area: Bradford

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Clayton St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Thornton

Listing Text

1.
5111 HIGHGATE ROAD
(north side)
Clayton Heights/Old Dolphin BD13

Coach House and Stables of the
Old Dolphin Public House (Premises
occupied by R J Patchett Ltd)
SE 1130 57/640

II GV


2.
Circa 1790 coach house and stables built for the Old Dolphin coaching inn on the
old Bradford-Halifax road. Thin, evenly coursed, sandstone "brick", rectangular
block on 2-storeys. Symmetrical front with slight centre break having plain
pediment containing a lunette. Stone slate roof with bracketed eaves. Two and
three-light square mullion windows in squared surrounds and doorways and hatches
with squared jambs, to flanking bays. The centre break has large coach house doors
in semi-circular ashlar voussoir, archway with impost bands. The coach house is a
well preserved example of its kind and unique in the Bradford area. When in
coaching use it could accommodate up to 20 horses.


Listing NGR: SE1149230516

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.