This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8369 / 53°50'12"N
Longitude: -1.7319 / 1°43'54"W
OS Eastings: 417742
OS Northings: 437881
OS Grid: SE177378
Mapcode National: GBR JP2.M4
Mapcode Global: WHC93.CTJF
Entry Name: 32, 34 and 36, High Street
Listing Date: 18 July 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133105
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336589
Location: Bradford, BD10
Electoral Ward/Division: Idle and Thackley
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Idle Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 HIGH STREET
Nos 32, 34 and 36
SE 1737 19/160 18.7.75
Early C17 or circa 1664. This block was probably the original farmhouse of the
fold and it encloses the north-west side. Two-storeys, coursed gritstone. Stone
slate roof No 34, giving onto fold yard, has 2-light, broad, chamfered mullioned
windows, originally with 4 mullions. Doorway with chamfered ogee arched lintel.
No 36 has a rough-cast front facing the road with early C19 two-light mullioned
windows and doorway. Recessed part to left hand with gable is the original C17
portion, with saddlestone, prominent kneelers and ball finial to apex of the gable.
First floor window, originally of 4 lights, retains central chamfered mullion.
Two-light square mullioned ground floor window. The north-west site is virtually
blind, but has a large mullion transomed window through both storeys and at far end,
above a blocked 2-light mullioned window, a former 4-light now 2-light square
mullion window with drip mould.
Listing NGR: SE1774237881
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings