This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7937 / 53°47'37"N
Longitude: -1.7456 / 1°44'44"W
OS Eastings: 416852
OS Northings: 433069
OS Grid: SE168330
Mapcode National: GBR JLK.PM
Mapcode Global: WHC99.5X02
Entry Name: 14, Chapel Street
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133242
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336242
Location: Bradford, BD1
Electoral Ward/Division: City
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Peter Bradford
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 CHAPEL STREET BD1
SE 1633 SE 37/351
Mid 1860's warehouse and office built on a narrow house plot and part of the precinct
known as "Little Germany". Tall 4-storey ashlar sandstone front with Italianate
classical details. Rusticated ground floor and quoins; sill bands, frieze bed
mould, projecting console, bracketed eaves cornice. Hipped slate roof. Three close
set windows, 2 round headed with doorway on ground floor with rustication struck
into arches and panelled aprons; similar first floor windows but arcaded with
grooved panelled piers and aprons, archivolt arches; architrave surrounds to flat
arched second floor and plainly arcaded third floor with keyed archivolt arches.
Probably an Andrews and Pepper design.
Listing NGR: SE1685233069
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings