This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8124 / 53°48'44"N
Longitude: -1.7415 / 1°44'29"W
OS Eastings: 417118
OS Northings: 435153
OS Grid: SE171351
Mapcode National: GBR JMB.KX
Mapcode Global: WHC99.6FZP
Entry Name: Church of St James
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133283
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336150
Location: Bradford, BD2
Electoral Ward/Division: Bolton and Undercliffe
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Bolton St James with St Chrysostom
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 BOLTON ROAD BD2
Church of St James
SE 1735 23/288
Built 1876-78. C13 and Early English gable details. Sandstone with ashlar dressings.
Tall square side tower with plain set back buttresses, tower belfry openings. Good
broach spire. Large geometrical west window. Paired lancets to aisles. Clerestory
with circular windows and similar ones to low transepts. Architects: Andrews and
Pepper, Foundation stone laid 1876. The tower makes an important contribution to
Listing NGR: SE1711835153
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings