History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Baildon Moravian Church

A Grade II Listed Building in Baildon, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8524 / 53°51'8"N

Longitude: -1.7667 / 1°46'0"W

OS Eastings: 415446

OS Northings: 439599

OS Grid: SE154395

Mapcode National: GBR JR3W.9R

Mapcode Global: WHC92.TFXJ

Entry Name: Baildon Moravian Church

Listing Date: 30 April 1982

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1133400

English Heritage Legacy ID: 337855

Location: Baildon, Bradford, BD17

County: Bradford

Civil Parish: Baildon

Built-Up Area: Baildon

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Baildon St John the Evangelist

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Shipley

Listing Text

SE1539NW BAILDON BROWGATE
(west side)

10/4 Baildon Moravian
30.4.82 (4/15) Church

GV II

Moravian Church. c1868 by Samuel Jackson (Bradford). Dressed stone,
Welsh blue-slate roof. Simple Gothic Revival style. The north gable
has main entrance with pointed-arched doorway with inner chamfered
jambs with cusped lintel. This is flanked by cusped lancets. Above
doorway are a pair of plate tracery 2-light windows with trefoils to
heads, flush with relieving arches in gable which is coped with kneelers
and surmounted by bellcote. Return walls have 4 bays of 2-light cusped
windows with trefoils; corbelled gutter brackets. Steeply-pitched roof
with 4 gabled vents with pierced work to arches of louvres.

Interior: not inspected.

Particularly prominent hill top site with terraced approach. Replaces
a church of 1806.
W. P. Baildon, Baildon and the Baildons, (1913) Vol I, p31.
D. Linstrum, West Yorkshire Architects and Architecture, (1978) p379.


Listing NGR: SE1544639599

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.