This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5055 / 51°30'19"N
Longitude: -0.5542 / 0°33'15"W
OS Eastings: 500442
OS Northings: 179497
OS Grid: TQ004794
Mapcode National: GBR F88.JPT
Mapcode Global: VHFT9.BFW7
Entry Name: The Red Lion Public House
Listing Date: 29 September 1950
Last Amended: 3 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1135748
English Heritage Legacy ID: 38725
Location: Slough, SL3
Electoral Ward/Division: Langley St Mary's
Built-Up Area: Slough
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Langley Marish
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
TQ 07 NW SLOUGH St. MARY'S ROAD (west side)
5/9 The Red Lion Public House
29.9.50 (formerly listed as Ye Olde
Public house. Mid to late C16 with C20 additions to rear. Rendered timber
frame, exposed in right-hand end,and old tile roof. 3 framed bays. 2 storeys.
Jettied first floor with 4 small curved brackets, end stack to left, very
large end stack to right, and ridge stack off-centre to right. 2 first floor
3-light casements to left and one 2-light casement to right. Central ground
floor 2-light casement with boarded shutters, 3-light casement to right, and
horizontal sliding sash to left with boarded shutter. Boarded door between
first and second windows from left and boarded door to far right. Interior:
large C16 arched brick fireplace.
Listing NGR: TQ0044279490
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings