History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Dunkerton, Bath and North East Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.332 / 51°19'55"N

Longitude: -2.4159 / 2°24'57"W

OS Eastings: 371122

OS Northings: 159298

OS Grid: ST711592

Mapcode National: GBR JZ.W70S

Mapcode Global: VH96S.2SP7

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 1 February 1956

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1135797

English Heritage Legacy ID: 32683

Location: Dunkerton, Bath and North East Somerset, BA2

County: Bath and North East Somerset

Civil Parish: Dunkerton and Tunley

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Find accommodation in
Priston

Listing Text

ST 75 NW DUNKERTON C.P. DUNKERTON VILLAGE

3/17 CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
1.2.56
G.V. II*

Anglican Parish Church. C14 and C15 tower, remainder 1859. Ashlar, rubble,
freestone dressings, slate roofs. West tower, nave, chancel, south porch.
Square, low tower of 3 small stages diagonal weathered buttresses, square north-
east one stage stair turret, weathered pitched roof, 3-light west window under
hood mould has reticulated tracery, second stage has single light, bell chamber,
of ashlar where remainder is rubble, has 2 louvred lights per side, castellated
parapets, corner finials. Gabled 3-bay nave has 2 and 3-light straight head
Perpendicular windows under hood moulds with lozenge stops, gabled chancel has
3-light pointed east window under hood mould and 2 cusped single lights per
side, south porch has a pointed doorway with fleurons. Plain interior has
moulded chancel arch with fleurons and colonettes, tower arch rises with engaged
columns with scallop capitals to a chamfered arch. Glass by Clayton and Bell.
(Source: N. Pevsner: The Buildings of England : North Somerset and Bristol :
1958).


Listing NGR: ST7112259298

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.