This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3009 / 51°18'3"N
Longitude: -2.6202 / 2°37'12"W
OS Eastings: 356858
OS Northings: 155936
OS Grid: ST568559
Mapcode National: GBR JP.Y9M7
Mapcode Global: VH89D.JKNL
Entry Name: Harptree Court
Listing Date: 21 September 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1136425
English Heritage Legacy ID: 32781
Location: East Harptree, Bath and North East Somerset, BS40
County: Bath and North East Somerset
Civil Parish: East Harptree
Built-Up Area: East Harptree
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST 55 NE EAST HARPTREE WHITECROSS ROAD (north side)
5/41 Harptree Court
House. Circa 1800 with c.1820 additions. Possibly by Charles Harcourt Masters
of Bath. Ashlar with slate roofs. Classical style with neo-Classical porches.
Entrance front of 2 storeys, 13 bays: 5 bay slightly advanced central pedimented
block, lower flanking wings with advanced pedimented end bays. Centre block has
round-headed openings to ground floor, straight headed above. At time of
resurvey (May 1985) these were being refenestrated with 6 pane sashes. Flanking
wings have C19 casements, end bays have Venetian windows to ground floor (that to
east blocked) and tripartite openings above, all with C19 casements. Greek Doric
tetrastyle porch with ironwork balcony above. Venetian doorway with 8 raised and
fielded panel door and reveals, patterned fanlight. Moulded cornice, plain
parapet, ashlar stacks with terracotta pots. 2 storey and 1 storey service
additions to left hand. Garden front of similar design but with 2 semi-circular
bows to centre block with distyle Ionic porch between and balcony above. End
bays have tripartite windows to ground floor with consoles to entablature and vase
and swag friezes. Interior. Entrance Hall with 3 bay coupled Tuscan column
arcade, oval domed stairwell. Several fine chimney pieces. Grounds laid out by
C.H. Masters c.1800. (R. Cooke, West Country Houses, 1957).
Listing NGR: ST5685855936
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings