This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.469 / 51°28'8"N
Longitude: -2.66 / 2°39'36"W
OS Eastings: 354248
OS Northings: 174656
OS Grid: ST542746
Mapcode National: GBR JM.LRM7
Mapcode Global: VH88L.VB3P
Entry Name: Former Stableblock, Immediately South West of Leigh Court Hospital
Listing Date: 16 March 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1137405
English Heritage Legacy ID: 33408
Location: Abbots Leigh, North Somerset, BS8
County: North Somerset
Civil Parish: Abbots Leigh
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
Church of England Parish: Abbots Leigh with Leigh Woods
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
ST 57 SW ABBOTS LEIGH
4/12 Former Stableblock, immediately
south-west of Leigh Court Hospital
Stableblock, now workshops and outbuildings. Probably 1814 by Thomas Hopper, as
the stableblock to Leigh Court (q.v.). Ashlar; slate roofs. Single storey
ranges enclosing a stableyard: 7 bays to south-east and north-west ranges;
6 bays to south-west range; 2 + 2 bays to each part of north-east range;
segmental headed sash windows and plank doors under overlights; some inserted
C20 doors and windows.
Listing NGR: ST5424874656
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings