This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1275 / 52°7'38"N
Longitude: -0.2865 / 0°17'11"W
OS Eastings: 517393
OS Northings: 249071
OS Grid: TL173490
Mapcode National: GBR H3R.LD2
Mapcode Global: VHGMS.ZSDF
Entry Name: Church of St Swithun
Listing Date: 21 December 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1137790
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37523
Location: Sandy, Central Bedfordshire, SG19
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Sandy
Built-Up Area: Sandy
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Sandy
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5124 SANDY HIGH STREET
CHURCH OF ST SWITHUN
TL 14 NE 2/18
Large ironstone church with aisles and transepts. West tower and south aisle
arcades are mediaeval. Mainly 1860 by W G Habershon. Inside the chancel
the chapel arcades, the chancel arch and the roof corbels have naturalistic
foliage. There are several monuments. Statue in white marble of Captain Sir
William Peel by W Theed, 1861.
Listing NGR: TL1739349071
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings