This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3055 / 53°18'19"N
Longitude: -2.2351 / 2°14'6"W
OS Eastings: 384432
OS Northings: 378754
OS Grid: SJ844787
Mapcode National: GBR DZT6.XS
Mapcode Global: WHBBF.M5WR
Entry Name: The Stone House
Listing Date: 6 July 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1138868
English Heritage Legacy ID: 58220
Location: Alderley Edge, Cheshire East, SK9
County: Cheshire East
Civil Parish: Alderley Edge
Built-Up Area: Wilmslow
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Alderley Edge St Philip and St James
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 87 NW ALDERLEY EDGE C.P. DAVEY LANE
4/54 The Stone House.
Formerly farmhouse, now house: dated 1634 with C19 and C20
alterations. Ashlar buff sandstone, Kerridge stone-slate roof and 3
brick chimneys. H-plan house with door into the hall. 2-storey,
4-bay front. Chamfered plinth with a projecting moulded bond at the
1st floor. End bays step forward slightly and have C19 tall broad
3-light stone mullions below and casements in now stuccoed but
originally timber framed gables. Right bay has plaque in moulded
surround at 1st floor reading E*M IxF. To left of centre is a 7-light
rebated chamfered stone mullioned and transomed window and to right a
double rebated doorcase with C20 6-panelled door. Above is a 2-light
casement in a gabled half dormer. Another plaque on the 1st floor
band reads JMV 1634 with a star and double crosses. Some brick
extensions to the rear.
Listing NGR: SJ8443278754
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings