History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Baileys Factory Now Norton Plastics

A Grade II Listed Building in Erewash, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9789 / 52°58'43"N

Longitude: -1.3099 / 1°18'35"W

OS Eastings: 446431

OS Northings: 342613

OS Grid: SK464426

Mapcode National: GBR 7FT.CLX

Mapcode Global: WHDGP.VDD5

Entry Name: Baileys Factory Now Norton Plastics

Listing Date: 6 November 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1140439

English Heritage Legacy ID: 352241

Location: Erewash, Derbyshire, DE7

County: Derbyshire

District: Erewash

Town: Erewash

District Council Ward: Awsworth Road

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Ilkeston Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Cossall

Listing Text

PARISH OF ILKESTON HEANOR ROAD
SK 44 SE
3/38 (East Side)
Bailey's Factory now
Norton Plastics
II

Lace and hosiery factory, now plastics factory. Possibly 1830s,
and 1855. Red brick with gritstone dressings and quoins.
Hipped tile roof. Four storeys. South elevation of 5-3-5 bays,
the centre three advanced, with quoins and a dentilled pediment.
Central rusticated round arched doorway with keyblock and double
doors. To the right are two glazing bar sashes under stone
lintels, a doorway and three more glazing bar sashes. To the
left are six glazing bar sashes. The first floor has twelve
glazing bar sashes under stone lintels and a doorway in the
fourth opening from the left. Continuous sill band. Thirteen
similar glazing bar sashes above and thirteen smaller casements
and fixed lights above again. The rear elevationis of thirteen
bays, with glazing bar sashes under stone lintels and a
continuous first floor sill band. Three storey range attached
to west with four bay elevation to road, said to date from the
1830s. The 1855 factory was built for Bailey, Sons & Co, lace
and hosiery manufacturers.


Listing NGR: SK4643142613

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.