This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1508 / 50°9'2"N
Longitude: -5.1055 / 5°6'19"W
OS Eastings: 178240
OS Northings: 32476
OS Grid: SW782324
Mapcode National: GBR ZC.HL19
Mapcode Global: FRA 086M.6SY
Entry Name: Nangitha Farmhouse
Listing Date: 24 November 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1141975
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66433
Location: Budock, Cornwall, TR11
Civil Parish: Budock
Built-Up Area: Falmouth
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Budock
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 73 SE
3/14 Nangitha Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Probably C17, remodelled and extended in the C18. Granite moorstone
rubble with granite dressing. Dry Delabole slate roof over main range, grouted
scantle slate roof over other range. Large rubble stacks: over the gable end of the
main range and outbuilt stack over the front gable end. Left-hand stack of main range
is external but adjoins the other range.
Plan: L-shaped plan. Original range has 2 rooms with entrance hall and stair hall
between the rooms. C18 range is built at right angles mostly in front on the left
hand side and is 2 rooms deep. C20 single-storey lean-to on the left and C20 single-
storey addition partly filling the angle between the 2 ranges.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Slightly irregular 3-window south-east front partly obscured
by C20 addition. Approximately central doorway (within C20 addition) has C19 6-panel
door with top 4 panels later glazed. Ragged joint in the wall on the right indicates
that most of the front has been rebuilt probably in the C18. 4-pane horned sashes.
C18 range, on the left, has 2-window front on its right. C19 6-pane horizontally-
sliding sashes in original openings. Rear is unspoiled.
Interior: Partly inspected. Mostly C19 or C20 carpentry and joinery. One C17 or
C18 beam near the main stairs, and some possibly C18 softwood plank and muntin
partitions. There is a sloping piece of plastered masonry visible within a cupboard
on the left of the front doorway, possibly part of an arched door head. Roof
structures not inspected.
Nangitha is called "Engeyther" in 1508 and "Angither" on the Burghley Map of circa
Source: Research notes lent by Jane Pollard.
Listing NGR: SW7824032476
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings