This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1907 / 50°11'26"N
Longitude: -5.1798 / 5°10'47"W
OS Eastings: 173122
OS Northings: 37137
OS Grid: SW731371
Mapcode National: GBR Z6.44GV
Mapcode Global: FRA 081J.7T9
Entry Name: Cross at East End of Church of St Stedian
Listing Date: 17 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1142061
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66259
Location: Stithians, Cornwall, TR3
Civil Parish: Stithians
Built-Up Area: Stithians
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Stithians
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 73 NW STITHIANS STITHIANS
2/273 Cross at east end of Church of
- St Stedian
Cross. Pre-Conquest. Tall granite wheel-headed monolith. On one face of the cross is a Latin cross in relief and on the other face is the Crucifixion in relief. The cross is set into a C20 square granite base (qv).
This cross was resited from Sewrah Mill in 1910 by permission of Captain William
Francis Tremayne of Carclew (qv).
Listing NGR: SW7312237137
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings