This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1298 / 50°7'47"N
Longitude: -5.1158 / 5°6'56"W
OS Eastings: 177409
OS Northings: 30174
OS Grid: SW774301
Mapcode National: GBR ZB.6WX1
Mapcode Global: FRA 085N.W8X
Entry Name: Stables at Approximately 9 Metres South South East of Penwarne House
Listing Date: 17 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1142065
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66169
Location: Mawnan, Cornwall, TR11
Civil Parish: Mawnan
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Mawnan
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 73 SE MAWNAN
6/187 Stables at approximately 9 metres
- south-south-east of Penwarne House
Stables or loose boxes and including 3 earth closets adjoining at rear. Circa mid
C19. Lime-washed rubble with brick and granite dressings. Grouted scantle slate
hipped roof. Clay ridge tiles, some with finials.
Plan: Long rectangular plan stable block plus pair of earth closets and single earth
closet adjoining at right angles behind the right-hand end.
Exterior: Single storey. Originally symmetrical 4 window, NE front with central
doorway. Second from left window opening has been enlarged to create a wide doorway.
Doorway has round brick arch, original ledged door and blind fanlight over. Window
openings have cambered brick arches. Window right of doorway has original 12-pane
hornless sash; window at left and right have 12-panes with probably pivotting top
sashes. The earth closets have scantle slate roofs with gable ends. There is a
doorway and ventilator window at the front of each.
Interior: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SW7740930174
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings