This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1274 / 50°7'38"N
Longitude: -5.1488 / 5°8'55"W
OS Eastings: 175038
OS Northings: 30008
OS Grid: SW750300
Mapcode National: GBR Z8.X0N9
Mapcode Global: FRA 083P.1XD
Entry Name: Range of Farm Buildings Immediately West of Bosvathick Farmhouse Including Privy Adjoining West
Listing Date: 17 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1142159
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66006
Location: Constantine, Cornwall, TR11
Civil Parish: Constantine
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Constantine
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 73 SE CONSTANTINE
6/16 Range of farm buildings immediately
- west of Bosvathick Farmhouse
including privy adjoining west
Range of farm buildings including a barn, shippons, stables, cartsheds etc. all with
lofts above and adjoining farm labourer's privy. Late C19. Granite rubble with
dressed granite quoins and lintels and yellow brick arches. Scantle slate hipped
roofs; the roof over the barn is raised and has half hipped ends.
Plan: Overall L-shaped on plan, on 2 sides of the farmyard. On the north west side
the barn at the centre over a 3-bay cart-shed facing the yard; to the right stables
with a store or cart-shed at the right end; to the left is a long wing which
completes the south west side of the farmyard there is a range of shippons. On the
outer west corner a privy for the use of the farm labourers.
Exterior: 2-storeys. The north west range has a 3-bay cart-shed at the centre with
wide segmental yellow brick arches with keystones on monolithic square granite piers;
above the cart-shed a loft doorway at the centre flanked by 2 windows. The stable to
the right has a doorway at the centre flanked by a window on each side and a window
above; and a store or cart-shed to the right with a segmental yellow brick arch with
The south west range to the left has a wide opening to the right with a dressed
granite segmental arch and shippon doorways, ventilation slits between and a loft
doorway and windows above. A single storey shippon at the left end of the south west
At the back of the north west range the barn projects and has an external flight of
granite steps to a central first floor doorway. The stables to the left has a loft
Adjoining west of the right hand end of the back there is a privy for use of the farm
hands; it has a slurried scantle slate hipped roof and is simply an earth closet
which drains into a field at a lower level outside to the south west.
Interior: Only the interior of the privy was inspected; it has a shaft in the ground
to the field below.
Part of a remarkably complete and unaltered late C19 farmstead built on the small
Listing NGR: SW7503830008
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings