History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

White Lodge

A Grade II Listed Building in St. Gennys, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.741 / 50°44'27"N

Longitude: -4.6153 / 4°36'54"W

OS Eastings: 215570

OS Northings: 96745

OS Grid: SX155967

Mapcode National: GBR N7.2NB8

Mapcode Global: FRA 1764.5R7

Entry Name: White Lodge

Listing Date: 12 October 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1142409

English Heritage Legacy ID: 67237

Location: St. Gennys, Cornwall, EX23

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: St. Gennys

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: St Gennys

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Saint Gennys

Listing Text

ST GENNYS CRACKINGTON HAVEN
SX 19 NE
5/53 White Lodge

II

House. Circa late C17 or early C18 with late C19 or early C20 addition.
Whitewashed stone and cob with some external plaster. Steeply-pitched slate roof.
C17/C18 range, one room deep with internal chimney stacks to east and west gable
ends. Stone and cob outshut to rear with catslide roof and rounded corner, partly
heightened in late C19 or C20 into 2-storey, 2-window wing under double-span hipped
roof. South front elevation: 2-storey, 2 windows. Upper windows renewed casements
with glazing bars and slate sills, ground floor 2 similar windows. Slate-roof
stone and cob enclosed porch with off-centre outer door. East gable-end elevation
on road corner has one-light, 12-pane casement to ground floor left; tall, narrow,
6-pane casement to upper floor. 4 visible pigeon holes with slate sills on upper
east gable end above projecting oven. Interior has think roughly-hewn, closely-
spaced ceiling beams and cambered fireplace beam at east end. Described in 1846 as
formerly "two cot houses and 3 gardens known by the name of New House of the
Dyehouse Park being in the outer part of Broadways". Source: R Parnall, Wreckers
and Wrestlers. A History of St Gennys Parish (1973)


Listing NGR: SX1557096745

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.