This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7442 / 50°44'39"N
Longitude: -4.6258 / 4°37'32"W
OS Eastings: 214841
OS Northings: 97133
OS Grid: SX148971
Mapcode National: GBR N6.2KLY
Mapcode Global: FRA 1763.TYP
Entry Name: Old Manor and Colwills
Listing Date: 12 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1142414
English Heritage Legacy ID: 67252
Location: St. Gennys, Cornwall, EX23
Civil Parish: St. Gennys
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Gennys
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST GENNYS ST GENNYS
SX 19 NW
4/66 Old Manor and Colwills
2 houses, formerly one house. C17 remodelled, restored 1983. Rendered slatestone
rubble with slate roof. South-facing range 1 room deep with stacks at gable ends,
probably hall and kitchen, with projecting wing (now Colwill's) at rear with
massive gable end stack forming T-plan. 2 storey, 3 window main range with off-
centre enclosed porch with gabled slate roof. Ground floor windows C20 sashes with
glazing bars and drip ledges. First floor windows similar, left and centre windows
under raking roofs projecting slightly above eaves line. Projecting rear wing
partly rendered, windows renewed casements and 1 sash all with glazing bars.
Horizontal sliding sash on left first floor of rear wing. Small rectangular
opening on east side of rear wing possibly original stair light. Chamfered ceiling
beams to ground floor main range. Fireplace at east gable end reset with granite
lintel and hollow-chamfered jamb. First floor room (and fireplace) right and
coupled rafter roof with halved and face-pegged.
Listing NGR: SX1484197133
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings