History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

D'arcy Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in Tolleshunt D'Arcy, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7724 / 51°46'20"N

Longitude: 0.7956 / 0°47'44"E

OS Eastings: 592976

OS Northings: 211890

OS Grid: TL929118

Mapcode National: GBR RN1.XMP

Mapcode Global: VHKGH.QQZ4

Entry Name: D'arcy Cottage

Listing Date: 30 December 1959

Last Amended: 5 February 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1142522

English Heritage Legacy ID: 353196

Location: Tolleshunt D'arcy, Maldon, Essex, CM9

County: Essex

District: Maldon

Civil Parish: Tolleshunt D'Arcy

Built-Up Area: Tolleshunt D'Arcy

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: Tolleshunt d'Arcy St Nicholas

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Tolleshunt Knights

Listing Text

TOLLESHUNT D'ARCY SOUTH STREET
TL 9211-9311 (east side)
7/84 No. 3 (D'Arcy Cottage)
(Formerly listed as D'Arcy
30.12.59 Cottage)
GV II

House. C18. Red brick in Flemish bond, roofed with handmade red clay pantiles
and plain tiles. Single-span range facing W, with an internal stack at each
side, and C20 rear extension. 2 storeys and attics. Ground floor, one late
C18/early C19 sash of 16 lights, one late C19 splayed bay of sashes of 2-4-2
lights. First floor, 2 similar sashes, and blank recess over door. Attic, 2
C19 sashes of 12 lights and one plain fixed light. Central 6-panel door, the
top panels glazed, attached columns with Ionic capitals, pulvinated frieze and
dentilled pediment. Wrought iron scrolled bracket for lamp above pediment,
incomplete. Brickwork altered on each side of splayed bay. Dentilled eaves
cornice. Gambrel roof, with plain tiles on lower pitch and pantiles on upper
pitch. The 1953 List states that the doorcase has been removed from D'Arcy
House, to the N. The right ground-floor room has a chamfered axial beam with
lamb's tongue stops. The left ground-floor room has an axial beam with small
ovolo moulding, C18 pine panelling and 2 recessed cupboards with arched heads.


Listing NGR: TL9297611890

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.