History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Count House and Attached Smith's Shop at King Edward Mine

A Grade II* Listed Building in Camborne, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.2042 / 50°12'14"N

Longitude: -5.2761 / 5°16'33"W

OS Eastings: 166319

OS Northings: 38929

OS Grid: SW663389

Mapcode National: GBR Z0.T93N

Mapcode Global: VH12Q.H4LB

Entry Name: Count House and Attached Smith's Shop at King Edward Mine

Listing Date: 12 September 1989

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1142685

English Heritage Legacy ID: 66547

Location: Camborne, Cornwall, TR14

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Camborne

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Camborne and Tuckinghill

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Camborne

Listing Text

CAMBORNE
SW 63 NE
8/2 Count House and attached
smith's shop at
King Edward Mine

GV II*
Count house and attached smith's shop, now offices. Late C19, altered.
Pebble-dashed render probably on rubble, corrugated sheet roofs.
Rectangular plan with smith's shop attached at right-hand end of count
house. Two storeys, 2+2 bays, both elements symmetrical; the count house
has a central panelled door protected by an added lean-to porch, 2
windows at ground floor with altered glazing and 2 blocked windows above,
and a hipped roof without chimneys; attached at the left end is a lean-to
store. The smith's shop to the right, which is slightly lower, has a wide
central doorway, 2 windows on each floor with altered glazing, and a
hipped roof with a chimney to the right-hand side wall. Rear and interior
not of special interest. History: originally belonged to South Condurrow
Mine, acquired c.1897 by Camborne School of Mines, re-named King
Edward Mine in 1901, and now part of a uniquely complete set of mine
buildings at this site. Reference: A.W.Brooks "King Edward Mine, West
Cornwall, 1897-1921", Camborne School of Mines Journal, 198-.


Listing NGR: SW6631938929

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.