This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.608 / 50°36'28"N
Longitude: -4.3435 / 4°20'36"W
OS Eastings: 234272
OS Northings: 81320
OS Grid: SX342813
Mapcode National: GBR NM.C03J
Mapcode Global: FRA 17SG.HN5
Entry Name: Tredivett
Listing Date: 25 February 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1142737
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68418
Location: South Petherwin, Cornwall, PL15
Civil Parish: South Petherwin
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: South Petherwin
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SOUTH PETHERWIN -
Farmhouse. Probably a late C16(1586) or C17 remodelling of an earlier house with
circa C18 and C19 alterations and additions. Stone rubble, rougcast at front.
Dry slate roof with gabled ends and clay ridge tiles, some old crested ridge
tiles. Stone rubble gable end, axial and lateral stacks. 3-room and cross-
passage plan facing south, the lower end to the east (right). 2 storey; lower 1
storey and attic to right. Asymmetrical 5-window south front. C19 and C20 1,2
and 3-light casements with glazing bars, slate cills; ground floor right of
centre has chamfered granite lintel. Doorway to left of centre with granite
cavetto moulded 4-centred arch frame with fern-leaf carved spandrels, inscribed
above in upper case "AD 1586 BYMERC" and C20 flank door. Projecting lateral
stack on right with round oven at base and small single storey wing (privy) to
its right. Lower right hand gable end has C20 casements. Rear has single storey
outshut, porch in left angle with monolithic granite column and casements with
Interior: Lower right room has blocked fireplace and exposed ceiling beams.
Large centre room (hall) has closely spaced chamfered cross-beams, some with
straight-cut stops and larger fireplace with chamfered granite monolith jambs and
chamfered timber lintel with ogee stops and a cloan oven. Plank and muntin
screen between centre room and cross-passage with chamfered muntins. C19
staircase with stack balusters at back of passage. The left (west) end room has
no exposed features. Dairy has some slate shelves and C20 partition. One
surviving circa late C16 or early C17 truss over centre appears to be slightly
smoke blackened. It is a raised arch truss with chamfered curved feet the
chamfer continuing on the soffit of the cambered collar which is dove-tail lap-
jointed to the principals; trenched purlins and trenched diagonal ridge-piece.
The other later trusses have halved, lapped and pegged collars and halved and
Listing NGR: SX3427281320
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings