This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6668 / 50°40'0"N
Longitude: -4.472 / 4°28'19"W
OS Eastings: 225400
OS Northings: 88153
OS Grid: SX254881
Mapcode National: GBR NF.7941
Mapcode Global: FRA 17J9.TV6
Entry Name: Stables Directly to North of Treludick
Listing Date: 11 January 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1142951
English Heritage Legacy ID: 67919
Location: Egloskerry, Cornwall, PL15
Civil Parish: Egloskerry
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Egloskerry
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 28 NE
8/336 Stables directly to north of
Stables, now used as shippon. Probably early C19, possibly with earlier origins and
reusing material from earlier building. Stone rubble with brick dressings. Slate
roof with hipped ends.
Plan: Overall rectangular plan with central entrance. Entrance to loft in right
hand side and later probably C20 outshut added across rear. The stables had complete
stalls and looseboxes but are now (1987) used as shippons.
Exterior: Two storeys. Almost symmetrical 3 window front with central reset granite
4-centred arch with initial IBMB (Baron family) and datestone 1641. Studded plank
door with studs forming datestone 1862 and with strap hinges. Two blind window
openings to left and two C20 windows in original openings to right. Three 9-pane
windows on first floor. Reset granite chamfered doorframe in right hand end.
Interior: Not inspected.
Listing NGR: SX2540088153
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings