This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.4675 / 50°28'2"N
Longitude: -4.8017 / 4°48'5"W
OS Eastings: 201272
OS Northings: 66820
OS Grid: SX012668
Mapcode National: GBR ZX.1N2J
Mapcode Global: FRA 07TT.K4Z
Entry Name: Ruthernbridge Wesleyan Methodist Chapel and Attached Coach House
Listing Date: 15 April 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143074
English Heritage Legacy ID: 67616
Location: Withiel, Cornwall, PL30
Civil Parish: Withiel
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Withiel
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 06 NW
4/149 Ruthernbridge Wesleyan Methodist
- Chapel and attached coach house
Methodist chapel and attached coach house. Dated 1879. Squared slatestone rubble
with rusticated granite quoins. Slate roof with crested ridge tiles and terracotta
finials to the gable ends.
Plan: Single auditorium plan, with ritual east at the rear and entrance through a
porch at the front gable end. Coach house attached to rear.
Exterior: Front gable end has gable porch with pointed arched light with cast iron
glazing bars with lead rosettes and margin glazing; door with shouldered arch at the
right side. Tall similar pointed arched window to left and right. Central recessed
granite datestone with inscription in upper case lettering: WESLEYAN METHODIST 1879.
Left and right sides have 3 similar pointed arched windows. Attached to the rear
gable end is a single storey coach house, with double doors and single door, gable
end stack with brick shaft.
Interior: Plain wooden benches and rostrum. Not fully accessible.
Listing NGR: SX0127266820
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings