This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.441 / 50°26'27"N
Longitude: -4.6981 / 4°41'53"W
OS Eastings: 208515
OS Northings: 63612
OS Grid: SX085636
Mapcode National: GBR N3.PR13
Mapcode Global: FRA 171W.HJB
Entry Name: Cross in the Churchyard About 6 Metres South of South Aisle of Church of St Hydroc
Listing Date: 15 April 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143091
English Heritage Legacy ID: 67555
Location: Lanhydrock, Cornwall, PL30
Civil Parish: Lanhydrock
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Lanhydrock
Church of England Diocese: Truro
LANHYDROCK LANHYDROCK PARK
SX 06 SE
9/73 Cross in the churchyard about 6
- metres south of south aisle of
Church of St Hydroc
Churchyard cross. Probably pre-Conquest. Restored and re-sited in early
C19, probably by Anna Maria Hunt, who inherited Lanhydrock in 1798. Granite
monolith, about 3 metres high ; formerly with a wheelhead. The shaft is rectangular,
with carved panel to front and rear, with plaitwork to the front and scrolls to rear.
The head has been re-set, forming a Latin cross, formerly with the outer rim of a
wheelhead. Roughly raised circle to the centre.
Listing NGR: SX0851563612
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings