This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.441 / 50°26'27"N
Longitude: -4.6832 / 4°40'59"W
OS Eastings: 209570
OS Northings: 63567
OS Grid: SX095635
Mapcode National: GBR N4.PNVC
Mapcode Global: FRA 172W.HBW
Entry Name: Gateway and Flanking Walls at the East Entrance to Lanhydrock Park
Listing Date: 15 April 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143097
English Heritage Legacy ID: 67568
Location: Lanhydrock, Cornwall, PL30
Civil Parish: Lanhydrock
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Lanhydrock
Church of England Diocese: Truro
LANHYDROCK LANHYDROCK PARK
SX 06 SE
9/86 Gateway and flanking walls at the
- east entrance to Lanhydrock Park
Gateway and flanking walls. Dated 1657 ILR, for John and Lucy Robartes. Granite and
slatestone rubble with granite dressings ; C20 wooden gates.
Plan: Central wide gateway, with piers, and flanking walls swept forward about 15
metres to terminal piers. At each side of the central gateway a pedestrian gateway.
Exterior: The central gateway has a pair of large square plan granite piers, with
roll-mouldings, undercut at the inner angle, with cornice; surmounted by obelisk with
ball finial. About 4 metres high overall. C20 wooden gate. The flanking walls are
in rubble, swept forward in a quadrant, about 3 metres high, increasing in height
with the slope of the ground towards the front. Square plan granite ashlar terminal
piers, surmounted by obelisks with ball finials. To each side of the main gateway, a
pedestrian arch with round slatestone arch, each with C20 wooden gate.
Listing NGR: SX0957063567
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings