This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.2134 / 50°12'48"N
Longitude: -5.4817 / 5°28'54"W
OS Eastings: 151699
OS Northings: 40620
OS Grid: SW516406
Mapcode National: GBR DXV3.V59
Mapcode Global: VH12D.XWXT
Entry Name: Windy Parc
Listing Date: 11 July 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143281
English Heritage Legacy ID: 69161
Location: St. Ives, Cornwall, TR26
Civil Parish: St. Ives
Built-Up Area: St Ives
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Ives
Church of England Diocese: Truro
1587 Windy Parc
SW 54 SW 1/300
Probably c1810. Formerly called Bernoon House. 2 storeys, stuccoed rubble. Scantle
slate roof, hipped to right. 2 chimneys. 1 + 3 windows, later Victorian sashes in
slight recesses. Left hand bay a later C19 extension. Central gable porch with wide
bargeboard and 2 reeded colonettes with leaf caps, 4 panel door with transom light.
Interior: plaster cornices with alternate fluting and paterae. Stair window with
intersecting glazing in head. This house is shewn on a print of St Ives dated 1813.
It is now marooned in heavy late C19 and modern development and concealed. It was
part of the Bolton and Cleveland Estates and may have been built for the local agent.
Listing NGR: SW5169940620
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings