This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.215 / 50°12'54"N
Longitude: -5.4764 / 5°28'34"W
OS Eastings: 152088
OS Northings: 40784
OS Grid: SW520407
Mapcode National: GBR DXV3.QBC
Mapcode Global: VH12F.1V7K
Entry Name: Harbour Wharfs and Piers Including the Two Light-Houses (One Disused)
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143383
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68910
Location: St. Ives, Cornwall, TR26
Civil Parish: St. Ives
Built-Up Area: St Ives
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Ives
Church of England Diocese: Truro
Harbour Wharfs and iili18rfB and
1. Piers including the
1587 two light-house
SW 54 SW 1/280 4.6.52.
Smeaton's Pier to the north east of the harbour was build between 1767
and 1770, designed by John Smeaton. In the design the attractive squat
lighthouse at the end of this pier is of coursed granite ashlar, octagonal
form on large square plinth, domed mental roof and iron railed balcony.
It is large used as a lighthouse. Smeaton's Pier was lengthened 1888- 1888-
90 ans at its head is a small ooctagonal lighthouse. Including the West
Pier which was erected in 1894 for shipping roadstone form a local quarry.
Also including the harbour wharfs along north and west harbour, ramped
alls and slipways.
Listing NGR: SW5208840784
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings