This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.5811 / 50°34'51"N
Longitude: -4.7166 / 4°42'59"W
OS Eastings: 207769
OS Northings: 79226
OS Grid: SX077792
Mapcode National: GBR N3.DL9P
Mapcode Global: FRA 170J.G9V
Entry Name: Tredarrup
Listing Date: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143568
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68550
Location: Michaelstow, Cornwall, PL30
Civil Parish: Michaelstow
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Tudy with Michaelstow
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 07 NE
House. Probably early C17 extended in 1680 (datestone) and in C18. Stone rubble
with granite quoins and moulded granite plinth. Slate roof with gable ends and
catslide roof to rear outshot. Circa early C17 moulded granite stack on left hand
gable end and projecting stone rubble stack on right hand gable end. Brick stack on
left hand gable end of lower range on left.
Plan: Possibly 2 room and cross or through passage plan with lower end on left.
Projection to rear of passage possibly built to accommodate stair. Circa early C18
rear outshots added to rear of right hand room and to rear of left hand room forming
a continuous outshot with catslide roof. Stair now accommodated to rear of left hand
room and datestone of 1680 set in rear wall. Extension of 1 room plan added on left
hand gable end probably in C18, heated by end stack.
2 storeys. Regular 1:3 window front. Moulded granite plinth continues around
central porch which is of granite ashlar with rebuilt gable and C20 door. 2 tall
remodelled 3-light mullion windows with tall narrow mullions and renewed roughly cut
granite lintels. 3 tall circa early C20 4-pane sashes on first floor. To left in
C18 extension, remodelled 2-light mullion window, with 4-pane sash on first floor.
Rear elevation with carved datestone of 1680 and plaque carved "JOHN HOC-". Further
Interior not accessible.
Listing NGR: SX0776979226
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings