This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1622 / 50°9'43"N
Longitude: -5.4408 / 5°26'26"W
OS Eastings: 154351
OS Northings: 34796
OS Grid: SW543347
Mapcode National: GBR DXY7.W15
Mapcode Global: VH12T.N600
Entry Name: Building Immediately West of Tredrea Manor Farmhouse
Listing Date: 14 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143640
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70292
Location: St. Erth, Cornwall, TR27
Civil Parish: St. Erth
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Erth
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 53 SW
6/201 Building immediately west of
- Tredrea Manor Farmhouse
Probably a blacksmith's or wheelwright's shop. Circa late C18 or early C19. Killas
and granite rubble, some dressed granite and copper slag blocks, oak lintels.
Scantle slate roof with brick chimney over left-hand gable end.
Plan: Small rectangular plan with fireplace at the left-hand end. Large doorway at
the front, smaller doorway into right-hand end.
Exterior: Single storey. Irregular south south east front with small window opening
left of middle and wide doorway right of middle. Old window with overlapping panes
and old ledged doors. High up on the wall to the left of the window is a plaque
inscribed: "Charles Davies Giddy, 1 year and 6 months. Assisted with his little
hands in planting this laurel, 1st October 1811. Died May 15th 1813".
Interior: Fireplace slightly altered, original roof structure.
Listing NGR: SW5435134796
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings