This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1653 / 50°9'54"N
Longitude: -5.4294 / 5°25'45"W
OS Eastings: 155181
OS Northings: 35100
OS Grid: SW551351
Mapcode National: GBR DXZ7.MSZ
Mapcode Global: VH12T.V31M
Entry Name: Blacksmith's Shop, Adjoining East of Anvil House
Listing Date: 14 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143651
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70318
Location: St. Erth, Cornwall, TR27
Civil Parish: St. Erth
Built-Up Area: St Erth
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Erth
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST ERTH FORE STREET (north side), St Erth
13/228 Blacksmith's shop, adjoining east
- of Anvil House
Blacksmith's shop and adjoining cartshed. Killas and granite rubble with granite
lintels over the openings of the shop and roughly-hewn granite monoliths carrying the
open front of the cartshed. Slurried-scantle slate roofs with gable end. Louvred
ventilator over middle of shop. Tall brick chimney over right-hand gable (party wall
with cartshed) of shop.
Plan: Rectangular smithy on the left, with a forge at the right-hand end, and an
open-fronted cartshed adjoining at a slight angle at the right-hand side.
Exterior: Single storey. Shop has 2 window front with doorway towards left with old
ledged doors; shuttered to window, far left, and 8-pane window towards right.
Cartshed has 3-bay open front with wallplate carried on end walls and 2 intermediate
Interior: Not inspected.
Listing NGR: SW5518135100
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings