This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1312 / 50°7'52"N
Longitude: -5.4275 / 5°25'38"W
OS Eastings: 155146
OS Northings: 31302
OS Grid: SW551313
Mapcode National: GBR DXZB.GPL
Mapcode Global: VH12T.WY2T
Entry Name: The Jolly Tinners
Listing Date: 9 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143754
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70067
Location: St. Hilary, Cornwall, TR20
Civil Parish: St. Hilary
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Hilary
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST HILARY CHURCHTOWN, St Hilary
SW 53 SE
2/163 The Jolly Tinners
House, later an inn and for a time in circa the early 1900's used as a home for
destitute children. Circa early-mid C19 with granite dressings. Half-hipped grouted
scantle slate roof with brick chimneys over the side walls.
Plan: double depth plan : 2 front rooms, the left hand room wider; passage between
leading to stair hall, rear left of middle; kitchen behind the right hand room;
pantry at rear left and shallow room (possibly butler's pantry) between the left hand
front and rear rooms. The front chambers have formerly sliding partitions between
probably inserted for use as a dormitory when used as a children's home.
Exterior : 2 storeys. Regular 4 window south front with doorway under the third from
left first floor (blind) window opening. Original hornless 16-pane sashes at the
front and at the rear. C20 doors.
Interior : little altered since built with mostly original carpentry and joinery
including 6-panel doors and arch between entrance passage and stair hall. Stairs
Listing NGR: SW5514631302
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings