This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.0807 / 50°4'50"N
Longitude: -5.5924 / 5°35'32"W
OS Eastings: 143091
OS Northings: 26249
OS Grid: SW430262
Mapcode National: GBR DXKG.R4R
Mapcode Global: VH05P.07WG
Entry Name: Trevider Farmhouse Including Front Garden Walls
Listing Date: 15 December 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143899
English Heritage Legacy ID: 69619
Location: St. Buryan, Cornwall, TR19
Civil Parish: St. Buryan
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Buryan
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 42 NW
5/63 Trevider Farmhouse including front
- garden walls
Farmhouse including front garden walls. Datestone 1679. Built for Oliver and Susan
Pender (initials on datestone). Remodelled in the C18. Granite rubble with granite
dressings. Grouted scantle slate roofs. Original dressed granite chimney with
moulded cornices over the right-hand gable end, later brick chimney over cross wall
towards left (probably the original gable end and a brick chimney over the left-hand
gable end. Cast-iron ogee-section gutters to slightly projecting eaves.
Plan: Now a 3 rooms long range with 2 rooms deep cottage on the left added probably
in the C18 or early C19 to the original 2 room plan house on the right. The original
house was remodelled in the C18 and the front wall was rebuilt. The C18 plan has a
parlour on the left and a wider kitchen on the right with entrance hall between; at
the rear of the entrance hall is a small unheated room and at right angles mid-way to
the original rear wall is a small wing containing a circa late C19 stair in the C17
or C18 stair projection which was extended at the rear to provide a service room with
chamber over when the present stair was inserted.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Regular overall 6-window front with original C18 openings. 2
window front cottage on the left with its doorway on the right and 4-window front of
original house on the right with its doorway under its second from left first floor
window. Window to right of this window is blocked with slate. Possibly C18 flush-
beaded 4-panel door with overlight. Datestone carved 1679 in relief reset left of
doorway. Circa early C19 16-pane hornless sashes to whole front with much old glass.
Right-hand gable end has original C17 chamfered window opening on the left and a coat
of arms with fleur-de-Lis.
Rear elevation is unaltered since the C19.
Interior: Complete C17 9-bay roof structure with morticed apices, halved dovetailed
collars and trenched purlins; a ceiling cornice (visible in roof space) belonging to
former principal chamber ceiling and some C17 chamfered ceiling beams with ogee
stops. C18 features include a borrowed light to pantry (middle room) with heavy
glazing bars and round-head fanlight head, and at the entrance to the parlour a pair
of 3-panelled doors with similar detail to their top panels.
Listing NGR: SW4309126249
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings