This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.3662 / 50°21'58"N
Longitude: -4.6439 / 4°38'38"W
OS Eastings: 212064
OS Northings: 55154
OS Grid: SX120551
Mapcode National: GBR N6.V6Z7
Mapcode Global: FRA 1852.DN0
Entry Name: Avery Monument in the Churchyard About 5 Metres South of South Aisle of Church of St Sampson
Listing Date: 28 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1144169
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70999
Location: St. Sampson, Cornwall, PL23
Civil Parish: St. Sampson
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Sampson (or Golant)
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST SAMPSON CHURCH HILL, Golant
SX 15 NW
8/250 Avery monument in the churchyard
- about 5 metres south of south aisle
of Church of St Sampson
Headstone. C18. Slate. Sqaure-headed headstone with incised border of entwined
tendrils with leaves. Variety of scripts in the inscription, including a primitive
Gothic script with border, for the name of John Avery. In similar style to the
monuments to Mary Miechel and William Rundall (q.v.). To Ann Avery, 1774 and John,
her husband, 1778.
Listing NGR: SX1206455154
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings